May 5, 2021
Laclede Electric Cooperative in Lebanon, Missouri is seeking a full-time Electrical Engineer who will work in our Lebanon office.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design, coordination, overcurrent protection, voltage regulation, load balancing, planning, and troubleshooting of the Cooperative’s electric power distribution system. Additionally, this position will assist other departments using, configuring, and maintaining AMI, SCADA, GIS, EA, OMS, and Billing systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains acceptable distribution system voltages and capacity through assessment, system improvements, and construction projects as necessary.
- Conducts system planning studies including load projections and modeling of the distribution system with Engineering Analysis software.
- Assists in the development of all studies required by Cooperative (Construction Work Plan, Long Range Plan, Sectionalizing Study, Contingencies Study, etc.).
- Assures safe, efficient, and reliable distribution system design for new construction modifications to existing facilities.
- Assists with the prioritization of work plan projects for Staking Technicians and provides updated information to Management.
- Monitors, evaluates, and maintains the SCADA system including interpreting data, installing, and specifying system information as necessary.
- Assists with the review of completed work orders for compliance with applicable codes and construction practices. If corrective action is needed, documents, distributes, and enforces the corrective action.
- Maintains Outage Management System and assists Operations Department as needed in restoration of outages and day-to-day support.
- Recommends specifications of transformers, meters, regulators, and line protection devices.
- Involved in all aspects of system monitoring, inspection, troubleshooting, planning, and capital upgrade development.
- Reviews applications for the installation of distributed generation.
- Helps assure that designed electrical facilities meet NEC, NESC, RUS, and Cooperative standards.
- A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to become knowledgeable in electrical distribution system design, construction, operation, and maintenance is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Experience is preferred, but not required.
- Missouri Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain is preferred.
- Typical office environment requiring sitting for extended periods of time.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment involving both indoor and outdoor activities.
- May be exposed to outside weather conditions including varying temperature conditions: cold below 32 degrees and heat above 100 degrees.
- Regular, reliable attendance is required.
- Interaction with staff, vendors, and members.
- Must be able to report to primary worksite after regular business hours, as soon as possible, in the event of an emergency situation such as electrical outages, inclement weather, etc.
- Ability to travel between offices and attend meetings, trainings, workshops, and seminars, as directed.
- May be expected to occasionally walk, bend, stoop, squat, and lift and move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to walk a mile across uneven terrain, traverse ditches, fences, and creeks to observe, design, and inspect power line construction and right-of-way clearing.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions using hands and fingers with various equipment such as: computer keyboard, telephone, and other office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Passing a company required physical exam and drug screening is mandatory.
Laclede Electric offers excellent compensation, including a benefit package of medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance plus matching AD&D, business travel accident, 401K with employer match, defined benefit retirement plan, as well as paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays.
To apply for this position, please complete the APPLICATION and submit using any method below. If desired, you may attach your resume as well. This job listing is also active with the following outreach initiatives:
By Mail: Attention: Laura Gideon, Human Resources Director
Laclede Electric Cooperative, PO Box M, Lebanon, MO 65536
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Laclede Electric Cooperative, please contact Laura Gideon at 417.532.3164.
Laclede Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO AA M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please note: We accept applications for current openings only. Unsolicited resumes will not be considered and will be returned to the sender.