Laclede Electric has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation. The reports and conditions are evolving day-to-day, but we are keeping an eye on the threat and adapting quickly as new information becomes available.
We want to do everything we can to keep our members, employees, and our communities safe, while still providing reliable power. With that in mind:
- We have suspended disconnections for non-payment until April 30, 2020.
- At this time, we strongly discourage members from visiting our offices but instead use our website, SmartHub, or automated system by calling 1-844-262-2439 to pay your electric bill.
- Members who wish to pay in person can pay at our drive-through windows, Monday – Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please remember we cannot accept credit card payments through the drive-through due to federal law.
- All other account-related business can be conducted over the phone.
- Additionally, we are suspending the use of our public meeting rooms to outside organizations.
We are also taking precautions in our office, promoting regular and thorough handwashing, intensified cleaning, heightened monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19, and stressing that employees need to stay home even if they have just mild symptoms.
We will continue to monitor the situation and adapt as necessary. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 800-299-3164.